Who Makes Air Jordans? And Where?
So technically speaking, Jordan Brand is a line of athletic sneakers by Nike. Culturally, however, Air Jordans are more like the bread and butter of the sneaker and streetwear industries! Jordan Brand became a thing as a result of Nike’s deal with basketball star Michael Jordan. Thus the name, Air Jordans! And the first Air Jordan sneakers were released in 1985. Since then, the Air Jordan line has become one of the most iconic and successful in sneaker history. Now, Nike still owns and produces Air Jordans. But when we ask “Who makes Air Jordans?” we’re more interested in the designers. And even, where Air Jordans are made.
Where Are Jordans Made?
Air Jordans are manufactured in various countries around the world, including China, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Thailand. The specific country of origin depends on the model and release of the Jordan. Nike, the parent company of Air Jordan, has manufacturing facilities in these countries and others and works with various factories and suppliers to produce their products.
Who Designs Air Jordans?
Many designers over the years have added their creative touches to create the Air Jordan line of sneakers. Some of the most notable designers of AJs include:
- Tinker Hatfield: Hatfield is perhaps the most famous designer of our precious Air Jordans. He has the upper hand in creating most of the iconic Air Jordans. These include the Jordan III through XV, as well as the XX, XXIII, and XXX.
- Peter Moore: Moore was the original designer of the AJ1 from 1985. He also designed the Air Jordan II. Though a less iconic silhouette, it’s been getting a ton of attention with the latest colorways and collabs.
- Bruce Kilgore: Kilgore designed the Air Jordan II, as well as the iconic Air Force 1 sneaker for Nike.
- Mark Smith: Mark was the creator behind a number of Jordan models, including the Air Jordan XVI, XX1, and XX2.
- Wilson Smith III: Smith also created a few AJs in the 1990s, including the iconic XIs and XIIs.
These designers, among others, have helped to shape the Air Jordan line into one of the most iconic and influential sneaker brands in history.
Why Should You Care?
If you’re a sneakerhead at heart, an enthusiast all about the culture and community, knowing the origins and history of your fav sneakers is a must. You’d be a legit imposter not caring about the roots of your collectibles. And if you’re a reseller, you MUST know the backstory of what you’re selling. So it would help if you always learned where your pair of Jordan originates from. And knowing who designed it is a plus that makes you appear as if you know your shit. And knowing all this means you know how some exclusive pairs of Jordans can be.
In that case, you need to have a SNKRS bot as smooth and powerful as it can be. Nike with all its rules, anti-bot measures, and reselling restrictions is a tough cookie to handle. But a Nike bot like TSB can work around any problem you might face while trying to cop. Plus, it can help you buy multiple Jordans, Dunks, AF1s, and any other Nike shoes from 50 different regions in the world. Korea, Japan, the US, Canada, and anywhere in Europe is where you can shop Nike using TSB!